E.C.B.R.O. east coast bigfoot researchers organization

the Los Angeles Angels 11-3 on S

in Here is your first Forum Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:52 am
by hfy962464 • 1 Post

NEW YORK, N. David Ortiz Jersey .Y. - With a little help from the replay room, Carlos Beltran and the banged-up Yankees did just enough to hold off Boston. Beltran hit a two-run homer, Ivan Nova rebounded from a rough outing, and New York beat the Red Sox 3-2 Sunday night with the aid of another disputed video review that led to the ejection of Boston manager John Farrell. "Extremely difficult to have any faith in the process thats being used," Farrell said. Ichiro Suzuki robbed David Ortiz of extra bases in the eighth inning, crashing into the outfield fence for a spectacular catch, and New York took three of four in the first series of the season between the longtime rivals. Beltran had three hits and was pressed into his first career appearance at first base when Francisco Cervelli was injured. "We have to do what it takes," Beltran said. "I hope I dont have to do it again." Mike Napoli homered and Felix Doubront (1-2) went 6 2-3 innings for the Red Sox, who scratched star second baseman Dustin Pedroia due to a sore left wrist. New York, playing without Derek Jeter for the second consecutive game, scored its third run with the benefit of instant replay in the fourth. With runners at the corners and one out, the Red Sox thought they turned an inning-ending double play on Cervellis grounder. First base umpire Bob Davidson called Cervelli out on a bang-bang play, and Cervelli grabbed his right hamstring as he tumbled to the ground. Yankees manager Joe Girardi challenged the call, which was overturned after a 3-minute replay review. That gave New York another run and a 3-1 lead. Farrell, surely still bothered by a replay review that curiously went against Boston the day before, pointed to his eyes as he argued with two umpires. He was quickly ejected by Davidson. Managers arent allowed to argue replay rulings. "We felt it was clear that the replay was inconclusive," Farrell said. "Any angle that we looked at, you couldnt tell if the foot was on the bag behind Mike Napolis leg." Major League Baseball acknowledged it made the wrong call on a replay challenge that went against the Red Sox during New Yorks 7-4 victory Saturday. "Where this became conclusive is a hard pill to swallow," Farrell said. "On the heels of yesterday, its hard to have any faith in the system." Suzuki entered to run for Cervelli, who was filling in at first base for injured Mark Teixeira. When the Yankees took the field in the fifth, Suzuki was in right field, and Beltran moved from right field to first base with Cervellis mitt. "Thank God nobody hit the baseball to me," said Beltran, who made three putouts. It was the first time Beltran had played any infield position in his 16-year career. Jeter was getting a rest and oft-injured second baseman Brian Roberts was sidelined with a sore back, preventing Girardi from shuffling his infielders after Cervelli went down. "I didnt have a whole lot of choices tonight," Girardi said. "Just tells you the type of player he is. ... Willing to do anything you ask him to do. Very, very unselfish." David Phelps struck out pinch-hitter Mike Carp with the bases loaded to end the eighth, pumping his fist as he bounced off the mound. Shawn Kelley struck out two in a perfect ninth for his third save. Jacoby Ellsbury made a sliding catch in left-centre to end it. Nova (2-1) received a warm ovation after giving up two runs and eight hits with no walks in 7 1-3 innings. He was tagged by Baltimore for seven runs and 10 hits over 3 2-3 innings during a 14-5 loss in his previous outing. "I thought he had better command of his curveball tonight, which was a huge difference," Girardi said. Jonathan Herrera started in Pedroias place and had an RBI single to go with a sensational defensive play. Fans in the crowd of 46,081 chanted Jeters name when Yankees infielder Yangervis Solarte came up limping in the sixth. Solarte stayed in the game. Jeter was out of the lineup for the second straight day after feeling tightness in his right quadriceps Friday night. Girardi said he could have played Jeter, but wanted to give him three days off in a row the Yankees have a day off Monday. NOTES: Red Sox OF Shane Victorino (strained right hamstring) ran the bases again and, like Pedroia, was headed to Boston for a checkup on Monday. If that turns out OK, Victorino is on track to begin a rehab assignment Tuesday with Double-A Portland, Farrell said. ... Cervellis injury left the Yankees with no natural backup for catcher Brian McCann, shaken up in the eighth when Phelps hit A.J. Pierzynski with a pitch, and the ball deflected off McCanns right index finger. McCann, who stayed in the game, said he would have X-rays, but he was OK. "I knew the situation," McCann said. "We got by with a win." Jim Rice Jersey . - After a back-and-forth battle throughout the season, Alex Guenette has earned the 2013 rookie of the year award for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 by just one point over Ryley Seibert. Chris Sale Jersey . Aaron Hill and Cliff Pennington hit home runs in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, who beat the Miami Marlins 3-2 on Friday night.OAKLAND, Calif. -- With the bat and with his arm, Yoenis Cespedes put on the best all-around performance of his career in front of a rare sellout crowd at the Oakland Coliseum. Cespedes finished a single shy of the cycle and threw out two runners at the plate, powering the Athletics past the Los Angeles Angels 11-3 on Saturday night in front of 35,067 fans. "I got a lot of motivation when I see the field like that," Cespedes said through an interpreter in Spanish. "The stands are full, the same thing when we were in the playoffs. It was sold out and they made me feel like a stronger mind and gave me a lot of motivation." In front of just the fourth sellout crowd of the season in Oakland, Cespedes gave quite a show. The reigning Home Run Derby champion doubled in the fourth, hit a triple in the seventh that scored the go-ahead runs and added a three-run homer in the eighth. He matched a career high with five RBIs to help the two-time defending AL West champions stretch their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Angels in the division. "No doubt about it," As manager Bob Melvin said when asked if Cespedes feeds off the roaring home crowds. "He just becomes a different player." Collin Cowgills three-run homer off Tommy Milone in the fourth accounted for all of the Angels runs. The As tagged Tyler Skaggs (4-3) with four runs and five hits in six-plus innings. Fernando Rodriguez (1-0) tossed one scoreless inning for the win. Milone allowed nine hits in six innings, striking out three and walking one. He laboured most of the way -- including escaping a bases-loaded jam with no outs in the first -- but got a big boost from his strong-armed, green glove-wearing left fielder on nearly identical plays in the second inning. Cespedes charged in and heaved a one-hop strike to catcher Derek Norris to nab Chris Iannetta and Kole Calhoun after line-drive singles. The throws sent fans roaring to their feet each time, and Cespedes received high-fives and head-pats from teammates and coaches in the dugout. &"He had a career night. Boston Red Sox Jerseys. Im lucky that it was today," Milone said. Crew chief Fieldin Culbreth upheld the first call after a 2-minute, 30-second review to see if Norris illegally blocked the plate under the new collision rule. Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Iannetta didnt have a lane to slid and the rule needs to be more clearly defined. There was no review or challenge on the second play to get Calhoun. "Knew it was going to be bang-bang and hes got a great arm," Calhoun said. "I thought I had a good jump. I thought itd be closer than what it was, but that was a great play by him." Cespedes came back big time with the bat. He doubled with one out in the fourth for Oaklands first hit, and Norris drove in a run on a flyout for Oaklands first run. After Kyle Blanks solo homer and Josh Donaldsons RBI groundout tied the score in the seventh, Cespedes drive off reliever Joe Smith landed just over Calhouns glove in right to score the go-ahead runs. Cespedes later lined a three-run shot in Jarrett Grubes major league debut in the eighth. It was Cespedes 10th home run this season. He also had five RBIs at Cleveland on May 18. NOTES: The As honoured the 1974 World Series championship team before the game. Three World Series MVPs -- Gene Tenace (72), Reggie Jackson (73) and Rollie Fingers (74) -- threw out ceremonial first pitches. ... Angels All-Star CF Mike Trout was scratched from the lineup because of upper back stiffness. He was initially the designated hitter. ... As RF Josh Reddick was replaced by pinch-hitter Coco Crisp after hyperextending his knee catching a fly at the wall in the seventh. He is day to day. ... Oakland 1B Brandon Moss was not in the lineup. He will likely sit out again Sunday to give his nagging right calf additional rest. ... The Angels designated LHP Wade LeBlanc for assignment and called up Grube from Triple-A Salt Lake. ... Angels ace Jered Weaver (6-3, 2.99 ERA) starts against Oaklands Sonny Gray (5-1, 2.31) in Sundays series finale. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Ravens Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Cheap Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Broncos Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: gardnmep
guest counter
Today were 53 (yesterday 69) guests and 2 (yesterday 2) members online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 262 topics and 276 posts.

2 members have been online today:
gardnmep, jbvauwer